Birkhill Fireclay Mine Hutch
32mm & 45mm Gauge
Width: 50mm (32) / 60mm (45)
Available with "Birkhill Clay Mine" engraved sides for no extra cost.
Birkhill Fireclay Mine was opened in 1932, with trams used to carry the fire-resistant clay up to the Avon Gorge. The workings expanded after the war and by the 1970’s the network of tunnels extended to six miles. Sadly, although later open as a tourist attraction, the mine closed between 2012-13 to the general public. A few wagons still remain on the surface at the site whilst a further example adorns the Bo’ness and Kinneil’s Birkhill station platform.
Comprised of laser cut ply components, the kit is complete with a sprue of wheels, axles, couplings and Cambrian rivets. As stated above, the kit can be supplied with two additional sides lettered as per the example on Birkhill platform for no extra cost. Please specify the gauge required when ordering.