Threlkeld Quarry Tub Wagon
32mm Gauge Only
Threlkeld Quarry originally opened in 1870 to supply railway ballast to the Penrith-Keswick line. Later, the stone was used by the Manchester Corporation Water Works for their Thirlmere scheme, railway ballast on the Crewe-Carlisle line, roadstone and kerbing, and for facing buildings. The granite quarry closed in 1982 and is now the site for the Threlkeld Quarry & Mining Museum. The tub that this kit represents is not native to the quarry, being displayed outside of the replica mine, and is of a type that can be found in several other locations around the country, such as Dolaucothi Gold Mine in North Wales, giving plenty of scope for variation. Below is an example found at Threlkeld Quarry.
Comprised of a 3D printed body and a laser cut, non obtrusively tabbed chassis, it is a complete kit including, wheels, axles, couplings and Cambrian rivets.